Monday, November 13, 2017

Not Safe After Dark by Peter Robinson

This an anthology of short stories that has a few Inspector Banks stories thrown in.  I'd read about the Inspector in the past and that was what motivated me to read this book.  The author writes good mystery stories and this was a pleasure to read.

William Morrow and Edelweiss gave me the opportunity to read this book for review (thank you).  It will be published December 5th.

Mr. Robinson can tie up a mystery in a short story in not too many pages.  I admire an author that can write a complete tale concisely and succinctly in short form without excess words.  All the stories are enjoyable.  I got so busy reading I didn't note the stories I liked best but I did write down a couple as I was getting started:  Anna Said and Some Land in Florida touched me.  Many other stories did, too.

When a book has good mysteries with good characters, I get lost in the stories.  Why don't you get a copy of this and read it and tell me which stories you liked?

No comments:

Bizard and the Big Bunny Bizness by Chrissie Krebs

When Bizard the Bear Wizard’s friends decide to try to help him grant wishes, it turns out that two magic wands are so much worse than one. ...